Public events across North Carolina are highlighting the work people are doing to build local food systems in their communities. Attend and get involved with other local-food enthusiasts.
The Local Food Portal managed by Cooperative Extension is intended to be a comprehensive list of local food events across the state.
These are some organizations that host events that will provide connections to information and resources to those who want to establish or to expand local food systems in their communities:
- Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project
- The Conservation Fund
- Farm to Fork NC
- Farm to School Coalition of North Carolina
- Feast Down East
- Got to Be NC, North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
- The Livestock Conservancy
- North Carolina Agritourism Networking Association – see “Regional Farm Tours”
- North Carolina Community Gardens Partners
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension
- North Carolina Festival Guide
- North Carolina Growing Together
- North Carolina Sea Grant
- North Carolina Wine Festivals
- Western North Carolina Agricultural Center
Does your organization host events that highlight local food? Share information about your program with us and we will be happy to post it.